Saturday 18 September 2010

Shadowland - Alyson Noel - Review

Book: Shadowland 
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: Macmillan
ISBN: 9780330520515
Rating: A+


Ever and Damen have travelled through countless past lives - and fought off the world's darkest enemies - in search of each other. But just when their destiny seems finally within reach, a powerful curse falls upon them. A single touch of their hands, a soft brush of their lips will mean death for Damen - cast into the darkness of the Shadowland. But as she seeks to break the curse, Ever meets Jude - a green-eyed, golden surfer boy who understands magick, and understands Ever better than she realises. And she begins to ask a terrifying question: even if you're immortal, can true love really last forever?


Let's get things straight. I liked the book a lot.

  1. Because it's the first book in the series that isn't a twilight Wannabe
  2. It's the first book in the series to make magick more a part of the book
  3. and there is tension between Damen and Ever, because of Karma and the new mysterious Jude... Now who's Ever's soulmate? Jude or Damen + she's bound to Roman. Love triangle??? Unfortunately no, but I do love me a good triangle. :)
This book is a bit more mature, and I like it a lot more. The plot was well thought and I love the incorporation of art as I heart art. Thing is I'm in the middle, because I could'nt put it down, but when nothig major happened, I was left unsatisfied. The characters have all grown up, and Ilike how the book is very based away from school, and the wrath of Stacia. Dun, Dun,  Duuuun! Only problem is, ending is two similar to the one of Blue Moon. Ava's house - Roman cause of the problem - Damen Down - Ever has too make a choice. The big shock for me though was Haven becoming and Immortal. I was like OMG!!! Can't wait to see what happens with that in Dark Flame (that will be proceeded by Night Star). 

The book was very well written and as usual in present tense, which I like because we don't see a lot of it. A character that always makes me laugh is stacia, because she is so jealous and i love watching her failing attempts to get damen. Speaking of the she devil - what about her asistant... Honor, taking magick lessons!!!
    I have to admit this book had a lot of surprises, along the way.

Truthfully I really enjoyed this book, and can't wait for the next couple, but I can see why there are mixed opinions on this book. Probably a 4.5/5 from me this time. :)


As you can see below -------¬ I have included and exclusive short story by Alyson Noel! (from the immortals series :P)


Eternal Flame - Damen's Story - An Exclusive Novella by Alyson Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment