Skip to main content

Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel - Review

Book: Infinite Days
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Publisher: Macmillan
ISBN: 9780230749009
Rating: A+

For 500 years Lenah Beaudonte has been a vampire. 500 years of seduction, blood and destruction. But she is sickened by her dark powers - and longs to feel the sun on her skin, grass under her bare feet, and share the breath of a human kiss. She wants to be mortal again. But is she really capable of being human, after her long years of darkness? Waking up as a sixteen-year-old girl brings Lenah many things - the life she has missed, taste, touch, love. But a vampire soul is not easily shed. And her coven - the four vampires she led in decadence and thrilling destruction - want their queen back...

Infinite Days was definitely different to any other vampire book I have ever read. It certainly had a nice twist where it involved the magic but not so much that it became a magic book. I loved the way it evolved over a long period of time as I think so many authors try the keep the time slow but Maizel has just let go and let it flow. The story runs smoothly and everything slots together.

The book is written very well and I loved Maizel’s style of writing so I cannot wait for the sequel: Stolen Nights.
The story is basically about a girl who has been a vampire for five hundred years and wants to be human. She gets that wish but to become human another must sacrifice themselves for you. Anyway she goes to school meets the hot boy, falls in love and all the rest. Then her coven come looking for her, find her and make her into a vampire. Long story short. The book was unique though. The twist at the very end where Lenah sacrifices herself. Big surprise. If I had finished the book it would have gone something like this.

         All I felt were dazzling gold diamonds of light. I knew this was the end. Everything would be gone. But then someone pulled me. The grip was strong, firm and love coursed through it. Vicken. I flew back and landed on the table my head hitting it hard. That’s when the pain started. It rushed through my body as the side effects of the sun kicked in. I screamed a piercing scream and I saw Vicken wince as I did.
       “Come on Lenah, It’s alright...”
I screamed again, this time louder. I was about to scream yet again but Vicken kissed me. I kissed back and only then did I realise I could feel his lips against mine. Taste the softness on his lips. I was human and the pain was gone.
       “How?” I whispered.
       “When you sacrificed yourself I figured that if I said the ritual I would kill my vampire form, which was already dying, and not my human form and I guess it worked.” He said.
                “Vicken, thanks and all but you shouldn’t have.”
                “Why not, we can be together now!”
                “That’s why. I lost Rhode, and I have a boyfriend. Justin Enos.”
He looked at me and his head dropped.
                “I’ll be going.” He said.
                “Wait!” I said and pulled him around.
I kissed him firmly on the lips and  stood back.
                “Just a present.” I said. “Remember me.”
                “Lenah Beaudonte, I will always love you.”
And then he left.

Now my favourite character is Justin. He’s the perfect boy but with normal issues. I mean he grieves losing Lenah so much and basically mourns over her. He has a cool personality and has witty answers for everything so yeah.

I am so glad I bought this book. One of the best ever and I just love it, so five stars from me!

P.S. Don't forget to look out for the sequel STOLEN NIGHTS

Comments

  1. I loved this story! Best vampire book in the world and one of the best book's I've ever read.I was ready for another vampire romance series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE MIME ORDER - SAMANTHA SHANNON - REVIEW

Book: The Mime Order
Author: Samantha Shannon
Publisher: Bloomsbury
ISBN:
Rating: 10/10

Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal penal colony of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the fugitives are still missing and she is the most wanted person in London. As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on Paige, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city's gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take centre stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner. Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. But where is Warden? Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided. Will Paige know who to trust? The hunt for the dreamwalker is on.

Breathless. That's how I felt after finishing this book. A year I waited for this book and for something I wai…

A COURT OF MIST AND FURY - SARAH J MAAS - REVIEW

Book:  A court of mist and fury
Author: Sarah J Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury Kids
ISBN: 9781408857892
Rating: A

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court – but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms – and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future – and the future of a world cleaved in two.

It has been a long time since I've loved a book as much this. A court of mist and fury is by far the best book that I have read in 2016 so far, and easy surpassed it's predecessor a court of thorn and roses.

The plot of this was so incredibly per…

Apologies and Explanations

Okay guys, we need to talk and by that I mean I have some apologies and explaining to do to you. So as you've more than obviously noticed I've been extremely inactive this year, even after promising I'd try to be more active. So now I'm going to explain why. By no means have I abandoned the blog nor do I want to. I seriously love this blog so much and connecting with you all and sharing my love for books and reading with you all. In fact it's really frustrating for me to be unable to devote the amount of time I'd like to to this blog. So to reader, authors and publishers, I'm insanely sorry for my lack of presence. Anyway apologies aside let me explain why it's been this way. Last September I started my first year of A levels and quite honestly I had no idea the amount of time they'd take up in my life and they did take up way loads of time. I found that not only did I have no time write blog posts but I had no time to read either, unless you count…