Wednesday 6 April 2011

Halo - Alexandra Adornetto - Review

Book: Halo
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher: ATOM
ISBN: 9781907410758
Rating: A+

Three angels are sent down to bring good to the world: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. But she is the most human, and when she is romantically drawn to a mortal boy, the angels fear she will not be strong enough to save anyone?especially herself...Is love a great enough power against evil?

Halo is a new, intoxicating Novel. From the first sentence I was drawn in and to be honest, this book is a piece of heaven. The story is thrilling, enticing, clever and unique and if I had to describe it in three words it would be: I LOVED IT!

To start off the first thing I picked up on was the description. There was so much detail in so little sentences and the whole book just played out in my head. Another compliment is that it was very well written, especially for someone of Adornetto’s age. The writing flowed smoothly and was beautiful. The book was completely smooth and was paced just right. Many reviews have mentioned Halo to be too similar to Twilight but I disagree. The book and idea is totally different and unique.

This angel book is definitely what I needed. I am very much into Angels, as they are the new vampires, but all the ones I have read such as: Hush Hush, and Fallen, are all very dark and heavy but Halo followed the angel theme but was very light and airy. It is a quick read, even with around 500 pages, as you a completely engrossed and I was reading into the depths of the night even after many scolding from my parents. I just couldn’t put it down.

The plotline follows the story of a Love Triangle between an Angel a Demon and a Human, with the whole Forbidden love idea, but the plot was intense, romantic and fun. It was well thought out and I loved it. Many reviews also said the plotline was to boring but yet again, I disagree. You need to have a balance between normal life and the fantasy element and Adornetto has created that balance perfectly. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if Adornetto is actually an Angel! *winks*

My favourite character is Beth, no two ways about it. I think because he human-ness was being emphasized, you felt all that closer to her mentally and emotionally as all the emotions are described in so much detail. Also (being an angel and all) I found her instantly likeable. I think the first person idea was good and gave us a glimpse into Beth’s life very we!!!

The scenes that stick out in my mind are the ones where Beth reveals her true identity and her and Xavier kiss on the moonlit beach and the scene, I suppose you could call the final Showdown. The beach scene, in my mind is such a magical, beautiful scene, how can you not love it?! The showdown, well that was awesome. Gabriel’s Power, Jake’s Wrath, Ivy’s Healing, and Beth and Xavier’s love magic. It was awesome. The epic scene was intense, dangerous, edgy and I loved it (I’ve said that sooo many times now ;)

Overall the book has become one of my favourites and I am waiting for Hades to come out!!! The novel is a fantastic one in all aspects and for the last time... I LOVED IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. this book was an amazing book...can't wait for the next 1. It truely mad me think about so many other things in life and make u want to have a relationship like the two of them. The detication to each other and to their family is great and makes the story that much better. Thanks for writing this book and like i said before can't wait for 'Hades'

    ReplyDelete