Friday 18 November 2011

THE SON OF NEPTUNE - RICK RIORDAN - REVIEW

Book: The son of Neptune
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Puffin
ISBN: 9780141335711 
Rating: A+

Percy is confused. When he awoke from his long sleep, he didn't know much more than his name. His brain fuzz is lingering, even after the wolf Lupa tol him he is a demigod and trained him to fight with the pen/sword in his pocket. Somehow Percy manages to make it to a camp for half-bloods, despite the fact that he has to keep killing monsters along the way. But the camp doesn't ring and bells with him. The only thing he can recall from his past is another name: Annabeth


Percy is back. I am very I happy. I friggin loved this book! It is so much better than the previous! I loved it more than a million times and read it three times straight but it's just such a wonderful, fantastic amazing book, made by a genius named Riordan (Fact not opinion!). God was I waiting for this after the most epic cliffhanger in the amazing, fantastic wonderful previous novel only the find the second book is a even more fantastically fantabulous whizzbang novel!

Honestly this book gripped me from the first page and I was thrown into a modern america combines with the wonders of Roman and Greek mythology. The book was definitely and amazing adventure thriller and was fantastic. It had me hanging at every chapter and I loved the rush.

Now I've met Riordan, lovely guy, so down to earth, and this was just and amazing book by an amazing guy but the story line was just so bloody amazing! This was the most genius, compelling funny quirky story written with pure talent and I loved it. The book plot is so clever bringing in little twists here and there making you think so sometimes you're that one step ahead of the characters!

The writing as usual was brilliant. Enticing, locking and thrilling the writing was perfect and balance of the dialogue and the description.

Characters... well for starters Percy is back! *whoop whoop*, and me is very happy. But seriously, we're introduced to a set of new characters, no names shall be given away, but they are very interesting indeed, being Roman demigods, not greek. My favorite would have to be Hazel thought, and not just because of the awesome name. I felt closest to her out of all the characters and she just seemed really special.

Honestly the book was a joyride thriller that i loved to the very last page and I really need book 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment