Wednesday 10 July 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #3

Sypnosis: After experiencing terrifying visions, Daire Santos goes to live with her grandmother in the dusty New Mexico town of Enchantment. There she discovers that she's a Soul Seeker - a person who can navigate between the living and the dead. Guided by her grandmother, Daire has learned how to harness her powers - just in time. Enchantment is controlled by the evil Richter family, who are determined to rule over the Lowerworld, Middleworld and Upperworld - upsetting the natural balance and causing chaos. Daire is the only person who can stop the Richters, but there's one problem: she's in love with Dace, whose twin brother Cade is a shape-shifter, out to steal Daire's powers. And both boys belong to the Richter clan. Can Daire fulfil her destiny without destroying her one true love?

Okay so this series and I share a rocky relationship. I honest to god loved Noel's Evermore series and I couldn't wait for Fated and then I read fated and it didn't do it for me. Then I read echo and although the first half of the novel, yet again failed me, the second half picked and I did enjoy reading the ending. I'm just really hoping this book is going to impress and change my opinion and as much as I have trouble with this series, yes I am looking forward to book 3 and finding out what happens next.




Sypnosis: Sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is an ordinary teenager, who likes hanging out in Brooklyn with her friends. But everything changes the night she witnesses a murder, committed by a group of teens armed with medieval weaponry. The murderous group are Shadowhunters, secret warriors dedicated to driving demons out of this dimension and back into their own. Drawn inexorably into a terrifying world, Clary slowly begins to learn the truth about her family - and the battle for the fate of the world.

Call me me mental but believe or not I haven't read this yet! Well actually that's not entirely true, about two years back I read it during summer however I feel like my mind wandered and I didn't quite understand/take it in, so I am hoping that when this arrives I can take it as a fresh start and begin this series with an empty mind. After all I've heard nothing but great things and from what I do remember of reading this I really did enjoy it and with the movie coming this summer it seemed like a perfect summer read. I have no doubts about enjoying this and I know that I will so raring for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment