Wednesday 24 April 2013

THE ETERNITY CURE - JULIE KAGAWA - REVIEW

Book: The Eternity Cure
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Mira Ink
ISBN: 9781848451858
Rating: A

In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever-and possibly end human and vampire existence. There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago-and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time. Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make.

Right, well when writing reviews I like to keep them as professional as I can but I'ma slip up this time; This was so freaking awesome! This book had me hooked from the beginning. In all fairness I made it no secrets that I loved book 1 in this series, and also I love Kagawa's Iron series so I had high expectations for this book and let me say I am so ready for the next one! My god that cliffhanger! I have my suspicions but in the next book I have a feeling they'll be confirmed.

The plot in this baby was jam packed. At first I took a look at the book and was like hmm, pretty big. Then I started reading and was like, hmm, how's this going to be dragged out and boy It was amazing. There is action, every step of the way. The plot is fast paced and thrilling, exciting you every step of the way! The plot vaguely picked up from the last book with Allie on her search for Kanin. I really like the morals of this story but often YAis just entertainment but there was a lot of meaning to this. It's core theme was family bonds, in this referred to a blood ties/bonds, but I really loved how it played on morals whilst keeping it thoroughly entertaining and keeping me on the tips of my toes.

The writing in this was stunning. Kagawa's writing is very descriptive and I love descriptive writing so much. Kagawa has a charm to her writing, a way with words that builds up incredible world in your mind, down the last detail whilst still leaving so much to the imagination. The writing was crafted cleverly allowing me to figure details but not all of it making me want to read on, which I had on problems with. It fitted perfectly with this series that although being hard and edgy still has some dangerous elegance about it which just enthrals you from the beginning.

There are barely any characters in this and I love it when sequels have few characters, because I feel it gives us a chance to develop with the known characters and hear there stories and see their true colours. This is exactly what happened in this novel. With Allie we saw evolving as she became more human and we got a closer look at Jackal as he became a bigger part of the book.
When it comes to favourite characters I am torn. Not between two people but four. Kanin, Allie, Zeke and Jackal. In this I loved them all so much and I felt as though the emotional connection really increased.

This book is definitely a lot heavier than book 1 but I have to qualms with it. It opens up to a darker side of the world they lived and the darker side of people we once thought we knew *cough* stick *cough*. Overall this is a stunning and epic sequel to a phenomenal series. Kagawa simply can not disappointment. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment